5/08/2014

Inspiring Mama #3 Kassi Bacquet



Name: Kassi Bacquet
IG name: kassibacquet
Where you currently live: Galveston Island, Tx
Your kids names/ages: Tyler 16, Tannyn 9, Tayli 6, Tavvi and Trax just shy of 19mos

1. What were some of your first thoughts/feelings when finding out you were going to become a mama?

Wow, I was sixteen when I first found out. Shocked. Sick. Confused.  Scared. But that kid has been the hugest blessing and I have amazing parents who supported me. I kind of had those same feelings when I found out my fourth was really my fourth AND fifth ;) but God is so good...all my kids are little blessings. 

2. Do you have a motto or quote that has helped you along during motherhood?

 I want to say "don't sweat the small stuff" something my Granny said to me before getting married...that, and "compromise, compromise, compromise" I don't always do those things though...with my kids or my husband. 

3. What has changed the most in your life since becoming a mother? 

My prayer life. I give almost EVERYTHING over to The Lord - my kids are His. That and time for myself...especially since having the twins. I've found I've become more selfish with wanting "me" time which isn't always the best thing when you have five kids. 

4.  If you could teach your child/children one lesson in life what would it be? 

To love Jesus Christ with all their hearts and to put Him first in their lives, to serve Him and glorify Him always. If they do that, everything will fall into place as it should. 

5. How has motherhood changed your mindset (maybe you broke a habit or once had a pet peeve that no longer bothers you)? 

I've been a mom for so long that I can't even remember my mindset before them! 

6. Any advice for new mothers or mothers-to-be? 

Take it one day at a time. Love them with all that you are but put your husband first always. To be a loving example of how a husband and wife should be is one of the best lessons we can teach our kids. Easier said than done, I know. 










No comments

Post a Comment

xoxo. Richelle Cote © - DESIGNED BY HERPARK