5/06/2016

A Mothers Love & Time

Motherhood can be a cold and dark place filled with doubts, fears, insecurities and judgments. One may doubt their parenting practices, disciplinary actions, and learning principles as they try and navigate child rearing and child loving. With every child I have carried in my womb I have realized not much really matters other then love and time.


Love- Your child just wants and needs to know he/she is loved and every other thing will fall into place. If they feel loved they will feel appreciated,respected,cherished and important.

(I recently asked Zoe if she knows I lover her... her response " Yes, because you are nice to me and let me have ice cream sometimes. You take me to school, and clean my messes. You take me to Disneyland.")

Time- Every second spent with ones child is a building block in their character. Every action, reaction, and tone of our voice is molding them into the people they will become. This can be terrifying as a Mother, but it also helps mold us into the person that we want to become. In a way we mold each other into better human beings.As a mother my only goal is to raise children that know they are loved and love others in return.

Many days I feel like I have failed them, that is until they look up at me, stair into my eyes, hold my face in their hand, kiss me and tell me they love me. It is in these exact moments that the instant meals, messy house, unwashed hair, and the piles of laundry do not matter one bit. To them the fact that I held them when they fell, fed them when they were hungry, sang them songs at bedtime, and was there when they needed me most is all that matters, that is what is the most important to them.

LOVE & TIME
is all they need!




1 comment

  1. I agree! With love and time, we are filling most of our children's desires, if not all. I have to always remind myself not to get distracted with all the extras. Beautiful photos too! I'm a fellow blogger who recently discovered you on IG. Hope we can connect!

    ReplyDelete

xoxo. Richelle Cote © - DESIGNED BY HERPARK