11/21/2011

Lake Arrowhead...Past, Present, and Future

Well that weekend finally arrived, "Our last ever weekend stay at a hotel before we welcome our baby girl Zöe James into the world". I will be 36 weeks tomorrow which means she can come at any time, so we loaded the car with warm clothes, books, my knitting supplies, and my hospital bag ( just in case we delivered at the same hospital Ian was born at 28 years ago) and headed to my Husbands old stomping grounds for a night away in the forest. We stayed at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa and enjoyed the warm fireplace and comfy leather couches. We sipped hot chocolate, ate warm soup, read, and I made Zöe her beanie to wear home from the hospital.





 It was cold and windy up there, but that is what I wanted as we walked around the village and around the lake enjoying the beautiful scenery and the crisp fog as it rolled in and out covering the views and then disappointing over the mountains.



 I enjoyed just being with my Husband as we ate dinner at Papagayos and breakfast at the Belgian Waffle works, life there is at a slower pace and I enjoy it. I love hearing stories of his childhood running around this mountain, getting snow days, making forts while playing Cowboys and Indians with life long childhood friends. It makes me want to move up there, but since the drive makes me nervous and the shoveling of snow gets old, I think we will someday buy a small vacation home, yes my husband might become one of the "WEEKENDERS" the locals always talked about... I can't wait until we can take Zöe up there to see where her Daddy grew up, touch snow for the first time, and run around the forest collecting rocks and pine cones. Now that we are safely down the mountain my baby girl is welcome to make her arrival ASAP... 

-xoxo Richelle

No comments

Post a Comment

xoxo. Richelle Cote © - DESIGNED BY HERPARK