2/26/2016

A changing perspective...



 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’                    
  Matthew 25:35-40

Lately this verse has been speaking to me, as a mother we sometimes feel like our job isn't as significant as others. When people ask me my profession I tend to answer with "I am JUST a mom".I recently had the realization that my job is to serve my Husband and my children and in doing that I am serving my God. Every time I make my hubby coffee, pack a lunch, change a diaper,wash a dish,clean a toilet, make a meal,read them books, play toys,comfort them, and do endless amounts of laundry I am truly serving my God.This verse is definitely starting to change my perspective and attitude when it comes to the mundane acts that so often feel unappreciated. I am trying to mold my mind to accept that God notices my work and he blesses me daily for obeying him. 




No comments

Post a Comment

xoxo. Richelle Cote © - DESIGNED BY HERPARK