2/02/2016

The BIG question...


Why baby number 3...?
It is pretty crazy how when you announce baby number one everyone rejoices, they throw parades in your honor, shower you with congratulations,buy you gifts, and party like its 1999. Baby number two is still super exciting for most with maybe a little less partying, but when baby number three is announced you would think you just told the world you were about to end your life and say goodbye to any dreams you ever had.Some people treat you like your a crazy person,and view you as irresponsible for bringing to many little humans into the world.
   BUT.....What if having a "big" family was our dream? What if you actually thought this whole baby number three thing through? What if creating a family dynamic where your kids have more then one person to go through life with was your plan all along?

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5


   This baby, the third one isn't any less special. If anything this baby was really thought about, prayed about, questioned and talked about. This baby, the one that will make us a odd number, an imbalanced bunch overtaken by boys is our perfect story.I thought about the fact that life will be harder, my time and energy spread thinner,the circle under my eyes darker, and the stress on my shoulders a bit heavier. I also thought about the fact that my house will be filled with more love, more laughs, and more happiness.

Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward.Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; They will not be ashamed When they speak with their enemies in the gate. Psalms 127:4-5


   My children will each have two other people they can call their "own", they will each have two siblings that were made in the same womb, and from the same two humans. My kids will have things in common that no other three humans have and those things will bind them. They will each smell, taste and see things this that instantly bring back common memories. They will all be unique,with different passions,talents,hopes and dreams but a common thread will run though their veins that can never be changed or replaced. They will be each others people, they are my people and for those reasons and many others I don't for one second regret baby number three!


Happy 23 weeks baby boy!

7 comments

  1. Love this! I am pregnant with baby number two and we will now have a girl and boy. While people do congratulate me their next response is well now that you have one of each you're finished having babies right? It kind of took me by surprise at first but it kept being said. While I don't know what life will be like with two kids I do know I have always wanted a big family and that's what I excitedly tell everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel ya mama! congrats on baby #2 and any more that might follow!!!! xoxo

      Delete
  2. LOVE this so much!! Life is certainly crazier but even more joy-filled with 3!! You're a blessed woman, one God created with the patience, love, and grace to be each of their mommy! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Mama, i feel blessed! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post so much. All of my friends have 1 kid to 2 kids at most and they look at me like I'm crazy. I just had my third baby four months ago and what a blessing she is to our family. Children are blessings and the greatest gift you can give your child is a sibling(s). Congrats mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I too think about having a third and wonder what people or family will think if we make that decision. But I don't care I will just be happy that God blessed me with another beautiful child. I know times will be tough but we all get through it somehow! I'm so excited for u guys on ur new blessing and cannot wait to see him grow up as well as zoë and Jude! U have a beautiful family

    ReplyDelete
  6. who would have thought that having 3 kids would be considered a "big family?" times sure have changed, but the Word hasn't changed & God still puts the desire to have more children on some of our hearts... we are now trying for baby #4 :)

    ReplyDelete

xoxo. Richelle Cote © - DESIGNED BY HERPARK