2/10/2016

Why "No"...?

Today while driving on the freeway to run errands, I rolled down all four windows and let the warm wind hit our faces and mess up our hair. I drove speechless for fifteen minutes while holding back my tears as I looked in my rear view mirror at the beaming smile and constant thumbs up from my girl. My tears were a mix of happy and sad tears. 
Happy because I could see the joy on my girls face as she shook her head as her hair got more out of control. As she closed her eyes with a smile from ear to ear I believed she was dreaming she was a bird flying though the warm sky. Sad tears came from the fact that I always say no to having the windows down on the freeway, and I was thinking of the happy smiles that never happened beacause of that.
   Why do I always say "No" to windoes rolled down on the freeway. This was a question I kept asking myself but I know I was asking myself a bigger question... 
Why do I say "no" so often to so many things? 
These are some of the things I wish I said "yes" to easier and faster... 
"Can we read one more book?"
"Can we do a craft?"
"Can I help you cook?"
"Can you tell me another story before bed?"
"Can you wake me up when Daddy gets home?"
My baby girl will not be a baby for much longer and as much as I long for time to slow down I catch myself pushing for her to grow up and this breaks my heart. There will come a day when my heart will ache as I wish she was asking me those questions.
I am glad for these small moments of revelation as I am doing my best to become a better mama. Thank you God for this warm sunny day that led to the windows down and a two happy girls.


*** All of these photos were taken in the parking lot after our drive.


1 comment

xoxo. Richelle Cote © - DESIGNED BY HERPARK