9/29/2011

It's amazing what a little fabric can do...

"It's beginning to look a lot like a nursery"

Yesterday the custom curtains for Zöe's nursery were delivered! These curtains will be the new covering/doors of Ian's new office... in the closet... in the nursery...

My poor husband was not only moved into the closet, but he is now surrounded by a whimsical display of green and pink! He knew my dream of my first child's nursery did not include a home office, but in our 2 bedroom condo there wasn't many options. Then one day I thought of moving the desk and office supplies into the closet where I could close the curtains anytime I didn't want to see the clutter (since everyone knows that desks=clutter)and he agreed to my idea. Ian was such a trooper and last week we moved everything into it's new small space and I could not be happier. 
My friend Kristine has a company doing custom drapings and she offered to make my curtains as a baby gift, but the real surprise was the amazing floor blanket and pillow for the rocking chair!!!
Kristine,thank-you so much they are perfect and I am so excited to see how they are pulling the room together! 


Ian's new office!




Hidden...

I cannot wait until she is here and laying on this blanket!



And playing with her toys!

She also re-upholstered this ottoman of mine(which had been in a zebra print fabric)it turned out so cute and will make the PERFECT toy box and extra seating in the nursery!!!


Re-purposing an old item makes it new, fresh, and up to date!


 Kristine Baker Designs

2 comments

  1. Very cute! where did you get her blanket made? very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My moms friend Kristine Baker that made the curtains an pillow made it as a surprise baby gift :)

    ReplyDelete

xoxo. Richelle Cote © - DESIGNED BY HERPARK